A hybrid harness designed for divers who want the support of a backpack-style harness for better weight-load distribution, yet wish to dive a hard metal backplate. Designed like a mountaineer's backpack, the TransPlate harness disperses weight across the hips and back, minimizing shoulder strain. When used with a 6-pound steel backplate, divers can remove or minimize weight pockets. Adjustable straps adapt to a wide variety of exposure suits and means easy donning and doffing. The modular design allows for customization with a wide variety of pockets and accessories. The TransPlate is designed to be used with any wing, except the Travel Wing, in the Dive Rite line. Available in sizes M-XXL. Made in the U.S.A.
Please note: Stainless steel and/or aluminum backplate, and cam straps are sold separately.
- Shoulder pads constructed of 1000 denier ballistic nylon fabric for tear and abrasion resistance. Two-inch (50mm) nylon webbing rated at 7,000 lbs breaking strength forms the shoulder straps.
- Two-inch MIL-SPEC polypropylene webbing rated at 2,900 lbs breaking strength forms the waistband.
- Four 2-inch D-rings on each shoulder strap are slightly bent for improved access and placement can be adjusted. Note: Size Medium has only one 2-inch D-ring per shoulder strap due to space limitations.
- Marine Grade 316 stainless steel hardware is used throughout including: (6) 1-inch D-rings, (2) bent D-rings on each shoulder strap and (2) waist D-rings, pivot rings, belt buckle, cam strap buckles, and side plates.
- Shoulder straps feature pivot rings at chest level for comfort, fit, and load distribution.
- Acetyl resin engineered plastic quick release buckles on shoulders for easy doff and don.
- One-inch nylon webbing rated at 2,200 lbs breaking strength and a Delrin 1-inch quick release buckle are used for a chest strap.
- Marine grade stainless steel base plates allow for proper placement of shoulder straps. Plates can be moved forward or backward on the waist strap to get the best fit and performance. Pre-drilled to attach optional Tek D-rings for use with stage bottles and side mounting.
- Med: 2lbs 7oz (1.10kg), Lg:2 lbs 8 oz (1.16kg), XL:2 lbs 9 oz (1.16kg), XXL:3 lbs (1.36kg)
- Made in U.S.A.
TRANSPAC SIZING CHART
Men's Transpac® XT Sizing
Transpac® XT Size T-Shirt Size Height
Medium Small/Medium 5'3" to 5'6"* (160cm to 167cm)
Large Large 5'6" to 5'11" (167cm to 180cm)
XL XL 5'9" to 6'2" (175cm to 188cm)
XXL XXL 5'9"+ (175cm+)
*Medium T-shirt but tall? Use Height for Transpac® XT size.
Women's Transpac® XT Standard Sizing
Transpac® XT Size Women's T-Shirt Size Height
Medium Medium 5'2" to 5'7" (157cm to 170cm)
Medium Large Large/XL 5'2" to 5'7" (157cm to 170cm)
Medium XL XL/XXL 5'2" to 5'7" (157cm to 170cm)
-Women outside these height ranges may need the standard backplate
Women's Transpac® XT Petite Sizing
Transpac® XT Size Women's T-Shirt Size Height
XS XS 5'0" to 5'2" (152cm to 157cm)
Small Small 5'2" to 5'3" (157cm to 160cm)
Proper Sizing on the Transpac® XT Depends on Several Factors
There are three primary components to the Transpac XT; the backplate, shoulder pads, and sideplates with adjustment straps. The most critical piece for proper sizing is the backplate, which is available in three sizes.
The standard backplate is 17" (43 cm) long from the bottom of the waist belt to the top of the plate. The waist area is 24" (60 cm) long from end-to-end of the hip pads and the length of the actual waist webbing is 72" (182 cm) total. The standard plate is used on all men's sizes from large to XXL. The plate can be easily identified with two sets of 3 grommets for mounting doubles or aircells.
The medium backplate is 15" (38 cm) long from the bottom of the waist belt to the top of the plate. The waist area is 24" (60 cm) long from end-to-end of the hip pads and the length of actual waist webbing is 72" (182 cm) total. This backplate is used on standard women's
sizes from medium to XL. The medium backplate has two sets of 2 grommets for mounting doubles or aircells.
The petite backplate is 15" (38 cm) long from the bottom of the waist belt to the top of the plate. The waist area is 20" (50 cm) long from end-to-end of the hip pads and the length of actual waist webbing is 60" (152 cm)total. This plate is used for women's petite sizes XS and
The shoulder pad length determines the size of the harness because it terminates on the chest at the pivot point for the chest strap and sideplate straps. T-shirt size is normally a good indicator of what size shoulder pad is needed for an optimal fit. A size change on the shoulder pads is two inches (5 cm) from size to size.
For men, shoulder pads should terminate on the chest around the nipple line. If you are in between sizes, it's easy to adjust the shoulder pads by moving them forward one inch (2.5 cm) (directions are in the manual). If you need to adjust it 2 inches (5 cm) or more you should
move up a size. Remember, moving up a size is only changing the shoulder pad length.
For women the shoulder pad should terminate just above the bust line for a proper fit.
Sideplates with Adjustment Strap
The sideplate is on the waist belt and its positioning is very important for fit and comfort. Too far forward and you lose the hip support of the backplate, too far back and you may not have enough adjustment strap and the harness may feel too small. The average fit for the sideplates is to have them covered by your arms when they are by your side. This is approximately 2" (5 cm) behind the belt loop on the hip pads. Larger waist lines may need to shift this forward but never move it forward of where your arms are when by your side.
All harnesses leave the factory adjusted for average fit. You may need to do some adjustments to get the most comfort and stability.