Tek3 is sold as a complete set with 1 ea. LH Tek3 first stage, 1 ea. RH Tek3 first stage, 2 ea. XTX50 second stages, 1 ea. 2-meter hose, 1 std. length hose and a regulator necklace.
For those that already own two Apeks regulators and would like to take advantage of the new
Tek3 first stages only, p/n AP0367-1, includes a LH Tek3 first stage and a RH
Tek3 first stage in one box.
This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life
The TEK3 utilizes all of the proven technology contained within the Apeks range of first stage regulators
The ports on the Tek 3 first stages are oriented so that all hoses will route downward to provide a streamlined configuration desired by technical divers.
Allows maximum unrestricted accessibility to the cylinder valves when using a twin cylinder set up
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator will be supplied with both sets of exhaust tees
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However this procedure MUST only be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician
Available with din connection only
Outstanding coldwater performance.
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box
- Compact, solid one-piece body
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 3 MP ports are all angles downward
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
- Maximum working pressure is 300 BAR (4350 psi)
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used. Press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control
- The 2nd stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
Connections DIN only
Type of first stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
Body Type Compact, solid one piece body
Number of HP ports 1 (7/16" UNF)
Number of MP ports 3 (3/8" UNF)
Environmental Dry Kit Standard
First stage exterior Chrome over marine brass
Orientation Convertible LH or RH
Coldwater Use Yes
Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
Opening Effort Control Knob Yes
Integrated Venturi Lever Yes
Exhaust tee Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets
Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 0.70 joules/liter
Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%