The MTX-R is based on the MTX, a regulator that was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Innovations in design mean that the MTX-R regulator performs in almost freezing water at a depth of over 60 metres, something that very few other regulators on the consumer market can boast. With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the MTX-R is reliable, rugged and expedition ready.
Features & Benefits
- Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F)
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in thehose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Over-moulded innovative endcap and environmental diaphragm, a forged1st stage body offering maximum thermal performance.
- The 5th 3/8” UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold waterconditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O² outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O² must use an M26 Connection.
- High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chromeplated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protectthe second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Double swivel hose
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
|Yoke and DIN available
|Type of first stage
|Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
|One piece forged body
|Number of HP ports
|2 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
|5 (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
|Convertible LH or RH
|Yes - extreme
|Type of second stage
|Opening Effort Control Knob
|Integrated Venturi Lever
|Diver Changeable - one set supplied
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance